What a busy few weeks it has been! I have completed my first round of assignments / tests for each course within a month of being at university! It definitely has been stressful, but assessments shouldn’t always be full of stress right?! Will definitely have to work on that…

ASSIGNMENT, TEST, TEST & TEST 😀

So rewinding to Week 4, this was probably the most messy week by far! Test after test after test… Having completed my Maori and mathematics test as well as an essay, my last test for the time being was good ol’ Psychology which also had the most to memorise! Once I was done though, the feeling of liberation was just too good. Having watched all the lectures again to make thorough notes (probably wasn’t necessary),I was decently ready except for one topic which was pretty confusing and of course, that topic took up quite a chunk on the test! :)) It actually wasn’t that bad but having to wait WEEKS for the results to be published is kind of brutal but that’s okay… xD All this was celebrated with lunch and dinner with my fellow psychology friend around our last psychology lecture before the holidays… which was so good <3

Sleepover & Reunion

Good Friday was celebrated with my high school friends with a sleepover party and honestly, words cannot describe how great it was to see everyone although I couldn’t stay for the full hype and actually sleep over.

The night was filled with games, laughter and… singing XD

Making new friends at university is awesome and I’ve met some amazing people but sometimes, I crave some deeper friendships that have already been founded years ago. Having half of them go to AUT or are still in their last year of high school, I haven’t been seeing them as much during the semester so this evening was definitely a good catch up sesh.

Fast forward to week 6 and I am currently on a placement at Oteha Valley School. So far, it has been THE BEST experience so far and I love it!!! I am in a class with new entrance students and they are adorable!

I’m definitely looking forward to the 3 year journey ahead of me! The practicum really helped me to confirm that this is the path I want to take and it gave me enough experience for me to know that I really love working with new entrance children and unless my future placements turn out even better, this is the year group I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to work with!

I can’t wait for next week! Every day is a little bit different and seeing small progresses children make are the light that drives my enthusiasm for teaching… That being said, I can’t wait until I graduate university to potentially run my own classroom! 🙂

SILO MOVIE NIGHT<3

The week concluded with a well deserved (hopefully) movie in the park with my friends! One of Thor’s movies was on which was also my first!

It was a good night with an even better company with high school friends currently at Unitec and Media Design School. It’s amazing how different our paths are looking right now… how we are all specialising in something we love… and I’m just grateful to be able to see them once in a while 😉

Monday awaits another long week but a sad one too as after next week, I won’t be seeing my new entrance class for about half a year *cries. At the same time though, I can’t wait to see my campus friends and share all of our experience with one another. It sure will be great to see students around my age again too! <3 [/et_pb_text][et_pb_image src="https://www.theinsideword.ac.nz/files/2018/04/warisha_and_i-rbf894.jpg" align="center" _builder_version="3.0.101" max_width="65%"][/et_pb_image][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]