Becky with the good hair, the bee-hive is coming for you – and we’re sipping lemonade while we do it.

13101248_1157255194342350_1147078842_n

Some tweets after her visual album was released

Lemonade by Beyonce is a lyrical masterpiece. If I could write an assignment about the striking visuals and deep messages embedded in something so beautifully produced I would. This album has me feeling like Jay-z cheated on me as well. I’m sitting in my room singing about ‘becky with the good hair’ and ‘what a wicked way to treat the girl that loves you’ like I too am worth 450 million dollars. She even has Serena Williams twerking in one clip! I couldn’t breathe! If this tour comes to New Zealand I will be crying in my lounge on the floor as I buy my tickets 0.3 seconds into tickets becoming available, just as I was when her last tour came here. I love this woman.

13115384_1157255157675687_522107905_n

Doesn’t she just look effortless?

“My grandma said nothing real can be threatened. True love brought salvation back into me”

Her raw energy and total vulnerability coupled with effortless visual masterpieces totally broke my heart. She has created music to epitomise the female experience and once again, has got it spot on.

“So what are you going to say at my funeral now that you’ve killed me? Here lies the body of the love of my life whose heart I broke without a gun to my head.”

Beyonce’s stages of dealing with tough times in relationships:

• Intuition
  • Denial
  • Anger
  • Apathy
  • Emptiness
  • Accountability
  • Forgiveness
  • Hope
  • Redemption
13101354_1157255171009019_249953200_n

L o l

Now let’s apply that Beyonce attitude to my mountain of assignments due. What would Beyonce do? Well, she’d handle it.

Intuition: I know it is important to time manage

Denial: I don’t need to time manage

Anger: Why didn’t I time manage?!!

Apathy: Further procrastination

Emptiness: Self-reflection on lack of care

Accountability: This is my fault, and I will fix it

Forgiveness: I forgive you for not time managing and putting me through another stressful night

Hope: Writing this essay is going well

Redemption: I finish essay a day before due date (which in my world is ample time) leaving me more time for the next essay due! Go team!

13162203_1157255184342351_1223967615_n

The ongoing battle between good and evil

Besides Beyonce taking the world by storm, it’s the time of year where we start to get our results back for assignments that were handed in earlier on. I’m happy with my results so far, not stressed at all. But if any of my grades slip below an A I will be traumatised. From a conversation earlier on in the day:

Friend: “If we don’t get into law school what will we do?”

Me: “Try again”

Friend: “What if we don’t succeed then?”

Me: “Get into med-school, because if we’re going to go somewhere we may as well go up”

13152820_1157254611009075_918517958_n

My sixth month old niece showing me how office work is done

Surviving the shark tank (also known as law school):

• Do your readings
  • Don’t get discouraged ever
  • Take elaborate notes in lectures
  • Do not get distracted by people around you on facebook, playing games, or talking
  • Keep up with current events (being well-informed on what’s going on in the world is a great skill regardless of whether you’re in law school or not)
  • Study and go into your final exam confident