It’s about time I addressed something other than my heavy run of assignments for once… like my love life. More precisely, lack of love life. I am newly single, which isn’t a traumatic experience for anyone wondering. It’s actually been great (ps this isn’t me crying behind my laptop desperately trying to pretend to be happy, I actually am haha). However, it has come to my attention that people on the university scene engage in what I have aptly termed ‘situationships’.

What is a situationship? It’s where you’re not in a relationship but you’re seeing someone and doing things that you might believe are exclusive to a relationship. Which in itself is a situation, right?

What do I think about situationships? Hell, I think each to their own. If that’s what someone wants to do, then let them do it. *dobby is free, dobby has no master*

14798909_1295439413857260_1315556986_n

A rule for life: kiss people who you think are out of your league. Don’t worry if they’re going to call you later.

I read the above on a list of advice someone who was knocking on deaths door wrote, and it always stuck with me. I think if I was in the same position, I would give the same advice. Why? Because life is for living. Don’t just read about whirlwind romance, go and have one. Call me idealistic, but I believe this life is for love. Be grateful for the good and the bad, because they have to act together to make anything worth caring about. I’ve never understood being impersonal. The only thing worth having in this life is relationships with other people. So, I encourage you to spend your time at university being personal. No, I’m not saying throw yourself into situationships, but definitely give yourself over to love. Don’t worry about whether it will end. Just let it be.

A lesson: getting caught up in worry and jealousy doesn’t look good on anyone, no matter how beautiful you are.

14628019_1295439700523898_1492683506_n

Gals on the weekend!

Lately I have been appreciating the good weather, a red dress that fits just right, the text message from my best friend that reads “chicken sushi?”. It’s enough to make anybody happy!

My best friend and I have been bouncing happiness off one another. I think we deserve that. Everyone should try their best to find somebody like my best friend. She always inspires me not only to live, but to thrive. Seeing her happy in the last month has meant the world to me. I am so proud of her! With the arrival of spring, the whole world is exploding in colour, and that has translated heavily into both of our lives. We are trying to exercise both humility and love – and it’s working wonders. We are absolutely rapt, lyricizing about everything that happens to us. You’d think we should’ve become writers the way we novel text each other haha.

Other occurrences: We made it into the first year moot semi final. Unfortunately, we didn’t make it to the final, but that’s of no consequence. We’re happy we’ve prepared ourselves just a little bit for next year, where mooting is compulsory.

14686033_1295440960523772_1196898658_n

After the moot! Sangria is always a good idea

Also, exams are approaching and I’ve just handed in my last assignment for the semester yesterday! A girl can’t get a minute to breathe around here! To make matters worse, I have two exams on the first day of my exam calendar. University always finds a way to make my life fun haha.

14694625_1295441270523741_2053294542_n

Iconic. First academic paper on Beyonce’s ‘Lemonade’ #superfan

Moral of the story: have some fun, fall in love, go smell the flowers.

Yours,

Tiana