That’s right! We want to know if you have the writing skills, personality and commitment to be a blogger for the University of Auckland’s most popular blog, The Inside Word, for 2017.
Are you a student who is heading into your first year at the University of Auckland in 2017? Do you want to share your experiences with other potential students while you learn about the awesome new world that is university life? If so, we want you to be a blogger for The Inside Word.
- You will produce content for The Inside Word in formats that appeal to secondary school audiences. You can write blogs in the traditional way, or you can record audio or create video blogs and post those. You will be creative and passionate about creating interesting content that YOU would have wanted to see when you were trying to choose what university to go to.
- You will be a brand ambassador for the University and will be given the chance to represent the University at national events, be a model for promotional material, participate in panels during Courses and Careers Day 2017 and much more.
- You will be paid for each blog you produce, and as an official employee of the University of Auckland have future employment opportunities open to you as well.
- You will also get the opportunity to give feedback directly to the University of Auckland’s marketing and communications team about your experience with us during high school.
Is it right for you?
- You need to be committed and professional in your approach to this role.
- You need to be the kind of person who will start strong and finish strong.
- You will be a brand ambassador for the University of Auckland whose blogs will be read by THOUSANDS of people, so you need to be consistent, passionate and interesting.
- You need to be friendly and open to sharing your experiences both online and in person.
How to apply
Send through an email to email@example.com with the following:
- Your name,
- Accommodation for your first year (Hall of residence, living at home, flatting, etc.),
- The degree you’ll be studying,
- Why you would like to be involved,
- A sample blog post – pick something you are interested and passionate about and tell us about it. You could pick a specific topic or a particular time during Year 13 like study week, the school ball, sports week, etc. You could do a more general blog post about deciding what to study at university, your thoughts on leaving school… Your blog post can be any length (or you can use 500 words as a rough guide). Or try a video blog! BE CREATIVE!
Submit your sample blog by Monday 23 January and you’ll hear from the Inside Word team by the end of end of January.
We look forward to reading your submissions