I am FREEEEE!!! At approximately 4:10pm yesterday I walked out of my final exam for the year. To say I am relieved would be an understatement. From here on out things are changing, in only a matter of days I will be on a plane flying back home to Wellington where I will be going back to my old life. All my friends that I have made up here will disperse, most will return but not all at the end of the summer. Even for those who do come back, it won’t be to the same big tower that we all live in now. People will be flatting, living with family or in second year accommodation. Next year we won’t have this close proximity to each other but I hope that we can still maintain and continue to grow our friendships, as the people who I have become close to this year are too good to lose.

It’s crazy to think that I moved into this hall in February (knowing a group of people who were daring enough to step out and make friends with the random strangers that they were bound to live with) to being here now, with my room starting to look just as bare as it did when I moved in. I have decided that today, the day after my last exam, is the day that I will be removing all my photos from my walls. If you’ve seen past blogs you will know that I indeed have an insane amount of photos. It will be anything but a clean task as I have tons and tons of blue tack holding those photos up.

One last little bit of inspiration comes from my favourite book of all time Oh the places you’ll go, written by none other than Dr. Seuss

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You’re off to Great Places!
You’re off and away!

ENJOY ALL UNIVERISTY HAS TO OFFER! I can’t say how amazing the student life has been this year and it makes me excited for all that is to come in the following years. If you are lucky enough to be in a Hall of Residence like myself, all I can say is prepare for some amazing memories with even greater people. Yes to begin with it feels like your first day of College when you turn up with your turtle shell bag and everyone just looks at you because they can smell the fresh blood and the fear on you BUT that lasts for but a moment and you are then off working towards your future. 

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.

Oh but what a year it has been, I can’t thank the readers of The Inside Word enough for joining me on my journey through my first year at University. I can’t really believe that it is already over but I am very much looking forward to the future. The opportunities that have come my way and the people I have been able to meet and share these experiences with have been nothing but blessings, I will miss The Inside Word more than anything and look forward to reading the next round of blogs. 

To all those who got me through this year, this post is for you! I owe so much to so many people who have given me more than I could have ever imagined, although my friends and I will head off in different directions from this point onwards it is not the end!

Bonne Chance! May the adventures ahead be unforgettable and shared with as many people as possible.

One last time, Hakuna Matata

Cal, over and out.