Carlaw Park is a non-catered hall for students who are not school leavers. Unlike Unihall (the hall I stayed last year), food is not provided. Although I covered most of the points in this video, here are some facts that may be useful.
- Apartments usually consist of 3-4 students. There are family options available.
- If you know which train and bus to take, travelling to the airport can be cheap (less than $4 on student concession).
- Sometimes RAs organise events that provide you with food.
- There is an air conditioner in every apartment.
- There is a heater in every room.
- There is a selection of cutlery, pots, pans and cooking utensils that come with the apartment.
- The wifi is super speedy.
Overall, it’s a nice place to stay. For me, the biggest downside is the long walk to Grafton Campus (15 to 20 minutes). If you have any questions about Carlaw Park or medical school, feel free to leave a comment below.
Hi from the Accommodation team!
Every year we benchmark our charges against market rents to ensure that we’re offering residents a great deal. For Carlaw Park Student Village, the rent is $278 – $290 for a room in a fully furnished shared apartment. That rent includes all electricity, water, internet, and University gym membership. On the open market, average weekly rents for an unfurnished apartment in that locality are $780 for a 2-bedroom and $830 for a 3-bedroom apartment. And that’s just rent – tenants have to supply their own furnishings and pay all their own bills. We’re very proud to offer such a competitive package deal!